the modern era of nanotechnology and ULSI we electro-technoz think that the automated world leaves no reason for us to solder, but the fact is electronics is not in your blood without soldering. Importance: It is done by students to a researcher and it is the most fundamental skill needed to assemble any electronics project. It is basically: “Joining of metals by a fusion of alloys which have relatively low melting points” Selecting your soldering iron:
The skill: The spoon for success in achieving a small and shiny joint is foursome:
- Adequate soldering coverage
- Dirt and grease are our enemies so clean up the parts thoroughly.
- Secure the work firmly.
- For a new tip being used for the first time tin the iron tip with little solder.
- Clean the tip on damp sponge and then heat the parts of the joints.
- Then apply only sufficient solder and keep the iron steady for a second or two.
- Place the iron safely to the stand.
- Don’t MOVE parts until cooled.
The other types of solder used are Gas soldering iron, Cold heat classic iron and Solder gun. WORD OF CAUTION: If you are unlucky enough to get a burn then immediately seek up medical advice! By, Viral Soni